- We will require great stewardship of the funds entrusted to us and we will use donations only for the intended purposes.
- We will pay no salaries, bonuses, benefits, or any other type of personal compensation to any person working directly or indirectly for our foundation or for any related “for profit” company, including volunteers and/or members of our board, or any member of any related company. Our foundation is an all volunteer organization.
- We will demand the highest ethical standards of behavior for ourselves, conducting ourselves and the foundation’s business with honesty and integrity while striving to prevent conflicts of interest.
- While our focus is on the Blues and traditional music, we will consider other charitable opportunities that arise.
- We will strive to provide for the health and well being of our recipients by assisting with their daily needs including food, clothing, shelter, transportation, and healthcare.
- We will comply with all local, state and federal regulations.
- We will be transparent with respect to our financial dealings.
- We will post our financial information, including our federal tax returns, on our website.
- We will be humble and mindful of our impact on the communities we serve and we will always treat our recipients and our colleagues with respect and dignity.
- We will seek and heed the advice of outside counsel when appropriate.
- We will not discriminate in any way in regard to sex, marital status, race, creed, religion, color, age, familial status, physical or mental disability, or national origin.
- We will strive to be the most efficient and effective charitable foundation of our kind in the U.S.
- 100% of any performance grants received by The Questell Foundation will be passed to the associated performers. The Questell Foundation will take no management, booking, or any other fees of any kind from performance grants.
- The Questell Foundation will be a strong advocate for the artists we promote. We will ensure that all publishing and royalty rights to a performer’s music remain with the artists, their heirs or assigns.
- We will strive to always act in the best interests of our recipients and to always “do the right thing.”
* These principles will be updated and amended as we gain operating knowledge and learn more about the recipients we have pledged to serve.